Once our categories, tags, and attributes are ready (of course you can always add, edit or delete them later) we can proceed to add products. In order to do that, go to product pages and click on the plus button on the top of the page.
Popup that will then open has a lot of fields and options to fill in. Yet plugin doesn’t require any field to be filled, let’s go through the fields and understand what problems they solve.
Adding General Data
Well, as you already know what type of product you are going to sell, let’s go ahead and fill in the general data most of the products should have.
General block contains:
- Title – the name of the product that will be displayed on the website
- SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) – a product, service identification code for a store
- Reviews Enabled – active state means customer review functionality will be displayed on the product page
- Virtual Product – Determines this very product as a [Virtual product], once you activate this option, shipping block will disappear from this product (as virtual product does not need shipping)
- Downloadable Product – Determines this very product as a [Downloadable product], once you activate this option, the ‘Downloadable Files’ block will be added in the popup
- Regular Price – actual price of the product
- Sale Price – once you have sale (discount) price it will become the actual price of the plugin and regular price will be overlined
- Schedule Sale – click on this button and add the interval for Sale Price
Product Info and Images
- Info – this is a description text of product, it’s endowed with standard WordPress editor. The provided information will appear on the product page under the Details section
- Short Description – the pure text in this field will appear on the main info section, right above “Add to Cart” button
- Image Gallery – Add images of your product and order them by drag and drop functionality. The first in a line “Featured Image” will be the main image of product, other images will appear as a thumbnails
Taxonomies / Categories
From this field you decide to what groups(categories, tags)your product belongs. Afterwards you will be able to share same category products in single grid.
Tags meanwhile will appear on product pages and create unique tag-groupped grids when users click on them.
Those who sell standard products would probably need to give the expected info about product for shipping. Weight and dimensions by default are given in kilograms and meters but you can change the measurements from Settings > Products > The Measurements tab that is active by default.
Shipping zones are [being managed] from Settings > Shipping Zones page
Give meta information about product to help search engines find it or enable Meta Noindex to hide the product page from search results.
In order to perform better use the same product title in meta title and don’t write long meta descriptions, 160 symbols are enough.
Enable Stock managing and set the initial number of products while adding them to your store. ShopConstruct will count the number of your products and notify you before the products run out of stock.
Sold individually option allows users to get the product only one time (it remembers users by browser cookies).